Concrete vs. Asphalt
Is concrete better than asphalt? What is the difference between concrete and asphalt? Will one last longer than the other?
The difference between concrete and asphalt has been a debate going on for years. Often, it boils down to many factors, from cost, to looks, to durability and more. To help you decide, here are some common highlights of the two.
- Concrete driveways are low maintenance and durable
- Concrete resists deformation from vehicles or long periods of parking on its surface
- concrete will not soften during hot summer days
- Concrete driveways can be tinted or stained to complement the exterior of your home
- Asphalt driveways have lower initial costs
- Asphalt driveways get hot during the summer months
- Can soften during hot summer days
- Asphalt requires a well prepared surface before installing it
- Asphalt requires re-sealing every 4 to 5 years.
- Asphalt driveways require much more time and maintenance than concrete
Click here to read about some of our Custom Concrete Services.